|Height||About 180 cm tall (6'0")|
|Title||Aide to the Second Prince of Clarines|
|Occupation||Aide to the Second Prince of Clarines|
|Relationships||Kiki Seiran (Love Interest)|
|First Appearance|| Manga: Chapter 1|
Anime: Episode 1
|Voiced by|| Yūichirō Umehara (Japanese)|
Ian Sinclair (English)
Mitsuhide Rouen (ミツヒデ・ルーエン Mitsuhide Rōen) is a main character and a male protagonist, as well as being one of Zen's close aides and Kiki's partner. He was first introduced to Zen when he was 17 by Zen's lord brother, the crown prince, Izana. He was a previous swordsman from Sereg Templar. He was once described as 'protective' by Kiki, another close aide, towards Zen.
Before he became Zen's aide, he was a soldier in Sereg. He was first introduced to Zen when he was 17 by Zen's brother, the first prince, Izana. Not much has been said about his life or family outside the palace.
Mitsuhide has short, light sea silver-blue hair and brown eyes. He is tall and has a fair build. Shirayuki mentioned that Mitsuhide has a muscular and cool build. Whenever he is in the presence of nobles he always dresses formally with his sword with him at all times. His casual clothes are still quite formal as well. He has never been seen in short sleeved shirts or tops, unlike Zen. His casual clothes normally consist of a buttoned up shirt and trousers with high boots.
Mitsuhide has an outgoing, honest, and loyal personality. He shares a close relationship with Zen and can often be seen having a friendly banter with each other. He is also flustered easily, especially when he's teased by Zen, Kiki or Obi.
They are very close and are rarely seen without each other. Although Kiki does not show jealousy when he flirts with other girls (or they flirt with him) she did once portray an angry face in volume 6, chapter 41, page 8 when he acted out a compliment to Shirayuki. Mitsuhide seems to like Kiki, asking Obi if she had someone she loved when Kiki told her father she would be the one to propose.
He is Zen's close aide and is usually shown with Kiki. He sometimes teases Zen because of his height and has once teased Zen about how he was not able to drink milk before. He cares about Zen a lot, and, despite thinking Zen was weak at first, he now thinks Zen is very strong.
Mitsuhide is shown to care a lot about Shirayuki, telling her that not only Zen but also himself and Kiki have her back.
Mitsuhide disliked Obi at first, not trusting him because Obi had almost killed Shirayuki, but now they have a good friendship.
- "I don't serve you just because you're the Prince Zen of Clarines, you know." —Mitsuhide (Episode 11)
- " Zen! I thought you were----*Then Mitsuhide saw Kiki* Oh. Have we met, before. Anyways Zen, I didn't know that you were with a young boy. *Then Zen silently whispered to Mitsuhide.* Mitsuhide, you idiot." —When Zen was with Kiki on a Marriage Interview.
- He likes sweet things a lot
- His last name was borrowed by Izana during the Lyrias incident.
- It took 3 months for Mitsuhide to call Zen Wistaria "Zen" instead of how he usually calls him "Zen-sama".
- In Season 2 Episode 11 (Chapter 28), Mitsuhide accidentally sniffed on a potion that has hypnotic attributes and it made him even more loyal and protective of Zen as ever even going back to calling him, "Zen-sama". However, memories of himself when he was hypnotized evaporated when he was cured by Shirayuki.
- His name is a reference to the Japanese samurai Akechi Mitsuhide, the most trusted and loyal retainer of Oda Nobunaga, who played a big part in the unification of Japan during the Sengoku period.
Click here to view the gallery.